Reflexology, also known as zone therapy, is a type of massage that involves applying different amounts of pressure to the feet, hands, and ears. It's based on a theory that these body parts are connected to certain organs and body systems, and stimulating them can promote health benefits in the corresponding areas.
Reflexologists use foot charts to guide them as they apply pressure to specific areas. Sometimes these areas may feel tender when touched, but once the tension is released, you should feel a sense of relaxation and well-being.
1. Not Just a Foot Massage: While it's true that reflexology involves the feet, it's more than just a foot massage. Reflexologists believe that specific points on the feet correspond to different organs and body systems, and by applying pressure to these points, they can promote health and wellness throughout the body.
2. Whole-Body Benefits: Reflexology is designed to help the body's systems work together better, so while you might go to a reflexologist for a specific issue, you'll likely see improvements in other areas as well. Overall it promotes great health and wellbeing.
3. Relaxation and Stress Relief: Like other forms of massage, reflexology is very relaxing and can be an excellent way to help relieve stress or simply unwind.
4. Non-Invasive: Reflexology is a non-invasive therapy. It does not require the use of oil or lotion and can be performed while the client is fully clothed, which makes it a great option for those who may feel uncomfortable with more invasive forms of massage.
5. Customisable: A reflexology session is completely bespoke and can be tailored to the client's specific needs. The reflexologist will usually start with a consultation to determine what areas they should focus on during the massage.
Experience the healing benefits of reflexology by using Solo to book a session with a skilled reflexologist. Solo is an online platform that connects you with independent reflexology professionals in your area. Discover the customizable nature of reflexology sessions and tailor the treatment to your specific needs. Find and book your go-to reflexologist on Solo.